Hello, I’m Jeralyn, and I suffer from a condition known as “Furniture Dependence”. Though not clinically diagnosed, my husband assures me it is a very real disease. He cites the following symptoms as proof:
- Inability to park cars in the garage most of the year, due to furniture projects in various stages.
- Driving through the neighborhood at reduced speeds on garbage day, in hopes of finding “something”.
- Arising early on Saturday mornings to be the first in line for yard sales.
- Referring to favorite thrifting establishments in code name.
- Doing a late night drive by of favorite large dumpsters.
- Continually uninstalling and reinstalling seats in the minivan in order to accommodate “finds”.
If you or someone you know has experienced any one of the above symptoms… WELCOME!! We will be fabulous friends, and I look forward to sharing our therapeutic journey together!
I initially started this crazy train as a means of having stylish quality furniture on a bare bones budget. My husband and I were finishing college and expecting our first child. Thrift shopping became not only a means of surviving on a very small paycheck, it also turned into an absolute addiction! Who knew it could be so FUN?!?! Scouring through someone’s unwanted possessions, finding that perfect “imperfect piece”, imagining the possibilities…THIS my friends is what dreams are made of!!! Nothing is quite as exhilarating as being on “the hunt” for your next project. Doesn’t the mere thought give you goosebumps?!
We eventually graduated, my husband landed a great job, and we added 4 more kiddos to our family. Despite all the change in our lives, one thing has remained constant…my love for flipping and finding. I’m excited to have you be a part of my rehabilitation!